16 January 2012

trend to try: plaid

So the friend of mine that I blogged about last week that bought the tulip table and chairs is going to cover his chair seats in a green tartan plaid (to match the plaid in his VW bus - cool huh?).

via                           

So that got me thinking about plaid and how to use it in a modern-non-English-country-home kind of way. Actually, plaid keeps making an appearance every few years as a trend that seems to last, and there are some really nice ways to mix it into a contemporary home. Plus, it's so cozy for winter! 

via

via
via 
via 
via
via Architectural Digest 
via Architectural Digest
So what's your take on plaid? Is it a trend you will try?

1 comment :

  1. I love plaid...it is the hardest pattern to upholster with if you DIY. So, I would love to add it in on a rug or throw.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!