12 July 2012

trend to try: a pair of x-benches

Again, this is more of a design classic than a trend, but x-benches are everywhere once more, and they make a real statement when placed in pairs. This multifunctional piece of furniture dates back to Egyptian times (take a look at the great pictoral history I found below) but the modern takes on this beauty are endless. 

via La Dolce Vita

Martha Stewart
Lauren Stern
Elle Decor
Atmosphere Interior Design
Caitlin Creer
Nate Berkus via Decor Pad
Laidlaw Schultz Architects
Horchow
House Beautiful
House&Home

5 comments :

  1. There's something about a pair of X-benches that just looks so right :-) Love the grey velvet pair from Horchow, and the zebra prints & greek key benches are cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always adored these little benches and have wanted to use one or two somewhere in my home. I think I'll know the right one when I see it and I'll have to snap it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love x-benches and have been searching for one for awhile, but haven't come across the right one yet. I noticed they had a lot of them at HomeSense the last time I was there, which is a definite sign of their popularity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. The littler ones are perfectly adorable and great for small spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving these crossed leg beauties as well. Picked up a pair of French inspired ones and loving them in the project I'm working on! They are the perfect little things that take up no space but absolutely amazing to up the seating capacity and style.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for making my day!